We create the soundtrack to the celebrations of your life
Why us and who is that?
Josef Schein is the owner of Danse Forté Entertainment.
As a DJ since 1983 and a Master of Ceremonies since the 1990s, Josef has performed with some of the best in the business.
His love of music manifested itself early in Josef's life. His parents recounted that The Platters were his favorite, from a year old. His love for soul music morphed into Disco during the 1970s, then New Wave and Punk Rock during the 1980s. As the '90s wore on, Josef moved on to House and Industrial. Pop, R&B, Hip-Hop, Country, and a variety of world sounds have all become commonplace in his shows since then.
With four decades of experience hosting Weddings, Birthdays, Quinceañeras, Sweet 16s, Corporate Events, and so much more, he is the best choice to provide entertainment at your upcoming event.
He is a past co-president of the LA Chapter of the American DJ Association and a current member in good standing.
Los Angeles chapter of the American DJ Association (ADJA)
As a member of the ADJA, we have committed ourselves to business excellence and I will:
- Operate our business in an ethically sound manner while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Abide by all laws and regulations governing our professional activities.
- Use legal forms of music and performance materials in the conduct of our entertainment services.
- Be honest and realistic conveying talent, abilities, and level of services to our clients.
- Deliver products and services to our clients, as promised, to the best of our abilities.
- Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, products, performance expectations, and other essential information.
- Provide a safe work environment with adequate protection for our clients & their guests.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance coverage for all business activities.
You want to know this!
- We like to start the process with a consultation. free consultation
- When you decide to contract us, we will both sign our contract.
- We become your entertainment coordinators 24 hours / 7 days.
- Payment of the retainer agreed upon during the consultation is due.
- You will receive the event planner/music worksheet' form.
- When completed and submitted, your DJ/mc will contact you to begin brainstorming and planning.
- You can make alterations or changes until the day of the event.
- We will contact the location manager or event coordinator.
- We'll contact the videographer, and photographer to coordinate.
- We arrive at the location an hour and a half prior to the start time.
- We will use professional-grade equipment. Details upon request.
- We'll provide proper lighting to suit the tone of your event.
- We provide a cordless handheld microphone. Additional available.
- We have an ample collection of music from which you can select.
- We will encourage you to choose your music, and a Do Not Play list.
- You can select the style of performance that you prefer.
- We will select an artist that bests fits the needs of the event.
- Our entertainer will be dressed in a suit and tie, or any other style of appropriate attire.
- Music plays prior to the event start, during cocktail/dinner hours.
- DJ has one quick dinner break, at the same time that the guests eat dinner.
Danse Forté is proud to be the official entertainer of BWC2 and Devoted to Youth.
In keeping with our commitment to being a positive impact in our society, We've partnered with these amazing non- profit organizations that are focused on the well being of our youth and veteran communities.
Visit their websites, by clicking on the image, and please be generous with your contributions.
I do it because I love it and because it brings the greatest of joys, in a very simple way.
I am thankful to still be in this business, and I attribute my longevity to my adherence to my standards, ethics, and versatility; and do it all with a smile.
This is why I oversee every single event personally. I would perform them all myself if I could. Since that is impossible, I surround myself with talented people that I trust will uphold the client's vision, and mine.
Josef Schein Owner, DJ and Mater of Ceremonies